Events at Heller

The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University

skip to content


What is the process for students who want to plan an event?

Go to the For Heller Students page.

How many people will fit in the room?

For a diagram of the rooms and the amount of people they hold, click here.

Whom should I contact if the AV equipment doesn’t work?

Contact Media Services at (781) 736-4632. Click here to learn more about MTS.  We highly recommend testing the AV equipment prior to your event. 

I’m having the event on the weekend. Is there anything specific I have to do?

On the weekends you will need to contact Public Safety three days in advance to get into the building.  Be aware that the rooms are last cleaned on Friday morning.  Therefore it is very important that if you have any food at your event to clean up afterwards.  We highly recommend hiring a custodian, especially for large events.  If you choose not to hire a custodian, any excessive trash should be taken out to the large trash bins at the side entrance/loading dock of the Heller-Brown building (near student mailboxes).  If you don’t use Conference and Events, but will serve food or use additional chairs and tables, set up and cleanup of all food and furniture will be your responsibility.

Where can we order food?

It is recommended that you go through Sodexo via Conference and Events (CES) for your event catering.  CES can also help arrange for a custodian to be there for your event.  You can reach Conference and Events at 781-736-4300 and review Sodexo catering options online.

Whom should we contact for reserved parking for our event?

When inviting a lot of off-campus people to your event, you must contact Ed Callahan, Director of Public Safety (781-736-4240). Unless the event is in the evening, it is University policy that during the academic year attendees park in the Theater Lot. They’ll want to know how many cars you expect. CES can work with Public Safety on your parking issues and even book parking monitors or schedule shuttle buses. You could also recruit Heller students as parking monitors. For small events during the day, the information booth at the main entrance can issue parking passes. An alternate location for parking passes is the campus police office, located in the Stoneman Building adjacent to the Health Center.

How can I advertise my event?

Go to the Advertising page.

If we want signs directing people to our event put up on campus and at the entrance of Brandeis, whom should we contact?

Conference and Events Services (CES) can provide custom signs on the day of your event at a low cost (approximately $20 per sign). Contact CES directly for more information.

Where can I find directions to the Heller School?

Click here for directions.

Knowledge Advancing Social Justice

Copyright 2018 • Brandeis University • All rights are reserved