University Professor of Social Policy, Law, and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
Anita F. Hill teaches courses on gender, race, social policy and legal history.
Hill’s latest book is Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home (Beacon Press, 2011) combines the study of commercial and anti-discrimination law with an examination of culture and society to address the 2008 foreclosure crisis and its ongoing impact.
Awards and Honors
- UC Merced Alice and Clifford Spendlove Prize in Social Justice, Diplomacy and Tolerance (2016)
- Honorary Degree, Mount Ida College (2013)
- Honorary Degree, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (2010)
- Ford Hall Forum, First Amendment Award (2008)
- Honorary Degree, Lasell College (2007)
- Visiting Scholar, Wellesley College, Newhouse Center for the Humanities & Wellesley Centers for Women (2007 - 2008)
- The Alphonse Fletcher Sr. Fellowship Award (2005)
- Honorary Degree, Smith College (2003)
- Honorary Degrees: Simmons College and Dillard University (2001)
- Hill, Anita. "CHOICE, SOCIAL STRUCTURE, AND EDUCATIONAL POLICY." Race, Markets and Social Structures. 1st ed. Ed. Emma Coleman Jordan. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, 2008 (forthcoming)
- Chris Bedford and Katy Siegel. "Mark (Bradford's Art) Tells All." Mark Bradford: Tomorrow Is Another Day. First ed. Ed. Chris Bedford and Katy Siegel. New York: Gregory R. Miller & Co., 2018
- Hill, Anita co-author, Anita Hill (Author), Cornelia H. Butler (Author), Sebastian Smee (Author), Mark Bradford (Author). Mark Bradford (Contemporary Artist Series). First ed. London: Phaidon, 2018.
- Hill, Anita. Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home. Boston: Beacon Press, 2011.
- Hill, Anita. "A History of Hollow Promises: How Choice Jurisprudence Fails to Achieve Educational Equality." Michigan Journal of Race & Law 12. 1 (2007): 107-159.
- Hill, Anita. "The Embodiment of Equal Justice Under the Law." Nova Law Review 31. 2 (2007): 1-19.
- Hill, Anita. "What Difference Will Women Judges Make? Looking Once More at the "Woman Question"." Women and Leadership: The State of Play and Strategies for Change. 1st ed. Ed. Barbara Kellerman and Deborah Rhode. New York: Jossey-Boss, 2007. 1-29.
- Hill, Anita. The Scholarly Legacy of A. Leon Higginbotham: Voice, Storytelling and Narrative. Rutgers Law Review, 2001.