Senior Research Associate
email@example.com • Heller-Brown Building • 260 • 781-736-7629
Addiction health services research
Health care organization delivery and payment
Integrating and coordinating substance use disorder treatment and medical care
Mixed Methods Research
- Garnick, D. W., Horgan, C. M., Merrick, E. L., Hodgkin, D., Reif, S., Quinn, A. E., ... & Creedon, T. B.. "Private Health Plans’ Contracts with Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organizations." The journal of behavioral health services & research Epub ahead of print. (2015): <http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11414-015-9474-7>.
- Horgan CM, Hodgkin D, Stewart MT, Quinn AE, Merrick EL, Reif S, Garnick DW, Creedon TB. "Health plans’ early response to federal parity legislation for mental health and addiction services." Psychiatric Services 67. 2 (2015): 162-8 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.201400575>.
- Horgan CM, Stewart MT, Reif S, Garnick DW, Hodgkin D, Merrick EL, Quinn AE. "Behavioral health services in the changing landscape of private health plans." Psychiatric Services Epud ahead of print. (2015): <http://dx.doi.org/10.1176/appi.ps.201500235>.
- Merrick E, Hodgkin D, Horgan C, Quinn A.. "Employee assistance programs in private health plans: What do they offer?." Psychiatric Services 66. 3 (2015): 22
- Hodgkin D, Horgan CM, Quinn AE, Merrick EL, Stewart MT, & Leslie LK. "Management of newer medications for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in commercial health plans." Clinical Therapeutics 36. 12 (2014): 2034-204
- Quinn AE, Rosen R, McGeary J, Amoa F, Francazio S, Kranzler H, McGarvey ST, Swift R. "Translating the Semi-Structured Assessment for Drug Dependence and Alcoholism (SSADDA) in the Western Pacific: Rationale, study design, and reliability of alcohol dependence.." Alcohol and Alcoholism 49. 5 (2014): 525-3
- Brolin M, Quinn A, Sirkin JT, Horgan CM, Parks J, Easterday J, Levit K. Financing of behavioral health services within federally qualified health centers.. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Technical Assistance Report http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/financing/Financing_BH_Services_at_FQHCs_Final_7_23-12.pdf: 2012.
- Lewis D, Cates-Wessel KL, Quinn A, Lepp N. Alcohol and other drug problems: a public health and public safety priority. Resource guide for the justice system on evidence-based approaches http://www.plndp.org/resource_guide/files/PLNDP_resource_guide.pdf: 2008.
Dr. Quinn is a Senior Research Associate at Brandeis. Her primary research interests are financing, payment and delivery system strategies to improve the health and health care of individuals with substance use disorders. She has experience with Medicaid claims data, survey data, and mixed methods and obtained a Ruth L. Kirschstein Research Fellowship Award from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism to conduct her dissertation study on bundled payment for substance use disorder treatment. Dr. Quinn has a PhD in Social Policy from the Heller School and an AB in Community Health from Brown University.
Awards and Honors
- Heller School Research Seed Money (2016)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein Predoctoral Individual National Research Service Award--NIAAA (2014 - 2016)
- Irving Schneider Predoctoral Fellowship (2013 - 2014)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein Research Service Award--NIAAA Doctoral Training Grant (2009 - 2012)