email@example.com • Heller-Brown Building • 213 • 781-736-3935
Survey tool design and validation
Data analysis, including claims data
- HS 408f - AHRQ Practicum III: Introduction to the Theory and Application of Bundles
- HS 510a - Applied Design and Analysis
- Perloff, Jennifer N.. "Role of Geography and Nurse Practitioner Scope-of-Practice in Efforts to Expand Primary Care System Capacity Health Reform and the Primary Care Workforce." MEDICAL CARE 54. 1 (2016): 81-89.
- Perloff, Jennifer N.. "Comparing the cost of care provided to Medicare beneficiaries assigned to primary care nurse practitioners and physicians." Health Services Research (2015).
- Weinberg D, Perloff J, Cooney-Miner D. Final Report: Role of Nurses’ Education in Shaping Patient Outcomes. National Counsel of States Board of Nursing. Chicago, IL: 2009.
- Minden SL, Hoaglin DC, Hadden L, Frankel D, Robbins T, Perloff J. "Access to and utilization of neurologists by people with multiple sclerosis." Neurology 70. 13 (Pt 2) (2008): 1141-1149.
- Minden SL, Frankel D, Hadden L, Perloff J, Srinath KP, Hoaglin DC. "The Sonya Slifka Longitudinal Multiple Sclerosis Study: methods and sample characteristics.." Multiple Sclerosis 12. 1 (2006): 24-38.
- Weinreb L, Perloff J, Goldberg R, Lessard D, Hosmer DW. "Factors associated with health service utilization patterns in low-income women." Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 17. 1 (2006): 180-199.
- Tompkins C, Perloff JN. "An Analysis of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services under Managed Care in Arizona." Journal of Behavioral Health and Services Research 31. 1 (2004): 98-110.
- Tompkins, C.P., Perloff, J.. "Using Information to Guide Managed Behavioral Health Care." Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research 31. 1 (2004): 98-110.
- Weinreb LW, Wheler C, Perloff JN. "Anxiety, health and hunger in extremely low-income children." Pediatrics 110. 4 (2002): e41.
- Bassuk EL, Perloff JN, Dawson R. "Multiply Homeless Families: The Insidious Impact of Violence." Journal of Housing Policy 12. 2 (2001): 299-320.
- Bassuk EL, Buckner JC, Perloff JN, Bassuk SS. "Prevalence of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders Among Homeless and Low-Income Housed Mothers." The American Journal of Psychiatry 155. 11 (1998): 1561-1564.
- Bassuk EL, Perloff JN, Coll CG. "The Plight of Extremely Poor Puerto Rican and White Single Mothers." Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology 33. (1998): 326-336.
Jennifer Perloff, Ph.D. is a Scientist and Deputy Director at the Institute for Healthcare Systems within the Schneider Institutes for Health Policy. Dr. Perloff has over fifteen years of experience in evaluation and health services research with a strong emphasis on health care claims analysis. Currently she is involved in a CMMI funded project to develop an episode grouper for Medicare (EGM). In addition to serving as project manager for this effort, Dr. Perloff is directly involved in analysis on attribution and provider profiling. Dr. Perloff also works on the cost, quality and efficiency of nurse practitioner delivered primary care. This work uses a national Medicare claims database to compare NP and MD delivered services. The project team has paid special attention to methodological issues associated with provider comparisons, such as selection bias, attribution and risk adjustment. Dr. Perloff is also working as part of a team providing analytic support to the state of Vermont. In this capacity, she is focused on identifying healthcare market areas for monitoring and implementing health reform. Dr. Perloff has completed projects on the value of Medicare Advantage Health Plans, the cost and quality of care delivered in the 17 Beacon communities and numerous evaluations of services for homeless families and adults. This project involved quarterly reports with over 30 cost, process and adverse event measures, as well as ad hoc work on topics like readmissions.