University Professor of Social Policy, Law, and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
firstname.lastname@example.org • Heller-Brown Building • 374 • 781-736-3896
Anti-Discrimination Law and Policy (Gender and Race)
- HS 120a - Race and the Law
- HS 200a - Social Justice and the Obama Administration
- HS 273f - Law and Social Justice: Gender Equity Policies and Litigation
- HS 528f - Law and Social Justice: Constructions of Race and Ethnicity and Their Consequences
- Hill, Anita. "CHOICE, SOCIAL STRUCTURE, AND EDUCATIONAL POLICY." Race, Markets and Social Structures. 1st ed. Ed. Emma Coleman Jordan. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, 2008 (forthcoming)
- Hill, Anita. Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home. Boston: Beacon Press, 2011.
- Hill, Anita. "A History of Hollow Promises: How Choice Jurisprudence Fails to Achieve Educational Equality." Michigan Journal of Race & Law 12. 1 (2007): 107-159.
- Hill, Anita. "The Embodiment of Equal Justice Under the Law." Nova Law Review 31. 2 (2007): 1-19.
- Hill, Anita. "What Difference Will Women Judges Make? Looking Once More at the "Woman Question"." Women and Leadership: The State of Play and Strategies for Change. 1st ed. Ed. Barbara Kellerman and Deborah Rhode. New York: Jossey-Boss, 2007. 1-29.
- Hill, Anita. The Scholarly Legacy of A. Leon Higginbotham: Voice, Storytelling and Narrative. Rutgers Law Review, 2001.
Anita F. Hill teaches courses on gender, race, social policy and legal history.
Hill’s latest book is Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home (Beacon Press, 2011) combines the study of commercial and anti-discrimination law with an examination of culture and society to address the 2008 foreclosure crisis and its ongoing impact.
Oklahoma State University
Awards and Honors
- Honorary Degree, Mount Ida College (2013)
- Honorary Degree, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (2010)
- Ford Hall Forum, First Amendment Award (2008)
- Honorary Degree, Lasell College (2007)
- Visiting Scholar, Wellesley College, Newhouse Center for the Humanities & Wellesley Centers for Women (2007 - 2008)
- The Alphonse Fletcher Sr. Fellowship Award (2005)
- Honorary Degree, Smith College (2003)
- Honorary Degrees: Simmons College and Dillard University (2001)