University Professor of Social Policy, Law, and Women's and Gender Studies
firstname.lastname@example.org • Heller-Brown Building • 374 • 781-736-3896
Anti-Discrimination Law and Policy (Gender and Race), and Planning for Strategic Institutional Change
- HS 120a - Race and the Law
- HS 200a - Social Justice and the Obama Administration
- HS 273f - Law and Social Justice: Gender Equity Policies and Litigation
- HS 528f - Law and Social Justice: Constructions of Race and Ethnicity and Their Consequences
- Hill, Anita. "CHOICE, SOCIAL STRUCTURE, AND EDUCATIONAL POLICY." Race, Markets and Social Structures. 1st ed. Ed. Emma Coleman Jordan. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, 2008 (forthcoming)
- Hill, Anita. Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home. Boston: Beacon Press, 2011.
- Hill, Anita. "A History of Hollow Promises: How Choice Jurisprudence Fails to Achieve Educational Equality." Michigan Journal of Race & Law 12. 1 (2007): 107-159.
- Hill, Anita. "The Embodiment of Equal Justice Under the Law." Nova Law Review 31. 2 (2007): 1-19.
- Hill, Anita. "What Difference Will Women Judges Make? Looking Once More at the "Woman Question"." Women and Leadership: The State of Play and Strategies for Change. 1st ed. Ed. Barbara Kellerman and Deborah Rhode. New York: Jossey-Boss, 2007. 1-29.
- Hill, Anita. The Scholarly Legacy of A. Leon Higginbotham: Voice, Storytelling and Narrative. Rutgers Law Review, 2001.
Anita F. Hill teaches courses on gender, race, social policy and legal history. Along with Provost Steve A. N. Goldstein, Hill is responsible for implementing Fulfilling the Promise: The Brandeis University Strategic Plan. As counsel to Cohen Milstein, she advises on class action workplace discrimination cases.
Hill’s latest book is Reimagining Equality: Stories of Gender, Race and Finding Home (Beacon Press, 2011) combines the study of commercial and anti-discrimination law with an examination of culture and society to address the 2008 foreclosure crisis and its ongoing impact.
Oklahoma State University
Awards and Honors
- Honorary Degree, Mount Ida College (2013)
- Honorary Degree, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (2010)
- Ford Hall Forum, First Amendment Award (2008)
- Honorary Degree, Lasell College (2007)
- Visiting Scholar, Wellesley College, Newhouse Center for the Humanities & Wellesley Centers for Women (2007 - 2008)
- The Alphonse Fletcher Sr. Fellowship Award (2005)
- Honorary Degree, Smith College (2003)
- Honorary Degrees: Simmons College and Dillard University (2001)