Senior Research Associate
firstname.lastname@example.org • Heller-Brown Building • 273 • 781-736-4997
Health and public health systems research; economic evaluations; performance measures; infectious diseases
- HSSP 89a - Internship and Analysis
- Tiga, D; Undurraga, E; Ramos-Castañeda, J; Martínez-Vega, R; Tschampl, C; Shepard, D.. "Persistent symptoms of dengue: estimates of the incremental disease and economic burden in Mexico." Am J Trop Med & Hygiene (2016). (forthcoming)
- Tschampl, Cynthia A., Garnick, D.W., Zuroweste, E., Razavi, M., and Shepard, D.S.. "Use of transnational services to prevent treatment interruption in tuberculosis-infected persons who leave the United States." Emerging Infectious Diseases 22. 3 (2016): http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2203.141971.
- Tschampl, Cynthia Ann and Garvey, Tom. "Using Meaningful Use regulations to increase linkages between TB control efforts and clinical services." 18th Annual Meeting of The Union—North American Region. Boston, MA. 28 February 2014.
- Halasa YA, Foley ME, Dellapenna M, Tschampl CA, Shepard DS. Broken Smiles: Oral Health and Employment. Washington, DC Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP Services Dental Association: 2015.
- Tschampl, CA, et al.. The Cost of Orofacial Pain. Washington, DC Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP Services Dental Association: 2015.
- Tschampl, Cynthia A., Zuroweste E., Garnick D., Razavi M., Shepard DS.. "Cost-effectiveness of Bridge Case Management for a Mobile Population Undergoing Treatment for Tuberculosis Infection." 19th Annual Meeting of The Union—North American Region. Vancouver, Canada. 27 February 2015.
- Tschampl, Cynthia A. and Bernardo, John. "Community-Based Tuberculosis Prevention." 17th Annual Meeting of The Union--North American Region. Vancouver, BC, Canada. February 28, 2013.
- Tschampl, Cynthia A. and Bernardo, John. "Community based TB prevention: improving population health and decreasing Medicaid costs." New England TB Sympoisum. Cambridge, MA. 6/28/2012.
- Tschampl, Cynthia Ann. "Recommendations for Strategically Communicating Tuberculosis Research Findings and TB Control Best Practices." 16th Annual Conference of the The Union-North America Region. San Antonio, TX. February 24, 2012.
- Tschampl, C., Bernardo, J., Garvey, T., and Garnick, D. "A Boost for Elimination: Performance Measures Proposal for Latent TB Infection Testing in the Primary Care Sector." 15th Annual Meeting of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease-North American Region. Vancouver, BC, Canada. February 26, 2011.
- Tschampl, Cynthia Ann. "Strategies for Communicating Public Health Research Findings." National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing and Media. Atlanta, GA. August 10, 2011.
- Tschampl, Cynthia, Bernardo, J., Garvey, T., and Garnick, D. "The Need for Performance Measures on Testing for Latent Tuberculosis Infection in Primary Care." The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety 37. 7 (2011): 309-316.
- Shepard, D.S., Tschampl, C., Dubre, D., Hurley, C.L.. Homelessness Program Economic Evaluation Guide: Phase III Final Report. Waltham, MA Prepared for the Homelessness Resource Center, Center for Social Innovation: 2010.
- Tschampl, Cynthia. "Cultivating Public Health Nurse Leaders." Massachusetts Association of Public Health Nurses Annual Conference. Marlborough, MA. May 6, 2010.
- Tschampl, Cynthia. "Economic Implications of Third-Party Billing for Tuberculosis (TB) Services in Massachusetts." National Research Service Award (NRSA) Trainees Research Conference. Boston, MA. June 26, 2010.
- Tschampl, Cynthia. "Friends of the Hinton State Lab: A Booster Club for TB Control." 14th Annual Meeting of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease-North American Region. Orlando, FL. March 13, 2010.
- Tschampl, Cynthia. "Normalization of Testing for HIV: Should Everyone Be Tested? What Would We Gain? What Would We Lose?." International Center for Ethics, Justice, and Public Life: Ethical Inquiry Essay Series June (2010): <http://www.brandeis.edu/ethics/ethicalinquiry/2010/june.html>.
- Tschampl, Cynthia. "Talking About Government: Findings and Implications from DEMOS’ Public Works Research." RESULTS International Conference. Washington, DC. July 13, 2008.
Cynthia A. Tschampl, PhD is Senior Research Associate at The Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University. She has 15 years' experience with U.S. and global health, starting with a policy and advocacy background and completing her research training in 2014. Dr. Tschampl’s research involves both quantitative and qualitative research methods. She has specialized in economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness and cost-offsets analyses. Other research interests include access to dental healthcare, healthcare for those experiencing homelessness, quality measurement, immigrant health, health disparities, and poverty reduction. Dr. Tschampl serves as Co-Chair for the Government Relations and the Prevention Integration into Other Delivery Systems Subcommittees for the Massachusetts Medical Advisory Committee for the Elimination of Tuberculosis (MACET). She received the National TB Controller Association’s 2011 Charles DeGraw TB Award for her outstanding service. She has also served as a member of the Partnership for Dengue Control.
Iowa State University
Awards and Honors
- AcademyHealth Public Health Systems Research Student Scholarship (2014)
- James Schulz Dissertation Fund Grant (2014)
- Nominated for the $100,000 Grinnell Prize for Social Justice (2014)
- Outstanding Student Poster, AcademyHealth PHSR Interest Group (2014)
- Charles DeGraw Award from the National TB Controllers Association (2011)
- Training Fellowship, Agency for Healthcare and Quality Research (AHRQ) (2009 - 2010)
- Herman Kerner Fellowship (2008 - 2009)
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship (1997 - 1999)