The anaylsis of agricultural, food, and nutrition policy on the well-being of nutritionally vulnerable populations
- HS 269f - Food Security and Nutrition
- HS 801g - Proseminar
- Sahn, David E., Lockwood, Richard, Scrimshaw, Nevin, ed. Methods for the Evaluation of the Impact of Food and Nutrition Programmes. Tokyo: United Nations University, 1984.
Professor Lockwood is the president and owner of Lockwood Nutrition Service, Inc., based in Newton, MA. He is responsible for the development of markets and formulation of specialty food and feed ingredients through environmentally friendly methods. He has served as a consultant for the World Bank where he prepared a social sector loan in the areas of health, nutrition, and agriculture for the country of Angola. He has also worked for the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance at the U.S. Department of State to evaluate CARE's performance in providing logistical capabilites to Mozambique's Relief Agency. At UNICEF he helped establish a nutritional surveillance pilot project as part of the primary health care system in the Republic of the Sudan. He currently teaches a module in the Sustainable International Development Program at The Heller School, entitled "Food Security and Nutrition."
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Awards and Honors
- Sigma Xi Scientific Honorary Society (1979)
- Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1975 - 1979)
- National Institutes of Health Fellowship, Cornell University (1966 - 1968)