Xin Wang is Assistant Professor of Marketing at Brandeis International Business School. Her research interests include Online Marketing, marketing analytics and China Marketing. Her research has been published in top-tier academic journals such as Marketing Science, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Economic Journal, Marketing Letters and Journal of Retailing. At Brandeis University, she teaches Marketing Management, Marketing Research and Global Marketing, and is launching a new course Digital Marketing and Web Analytics. Professor Wang's prior professional experience includes working as an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, a research fellow and instructor at the Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, as well as a research associate at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Professor Wang has received several awards such as William Larimer Fellowship from Carnegie Mellon University, Doctoral Consortium Fellowships of American Marketing Association (AMA) and the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), and a Faculty Research Grant from the Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER). She earned her PhD and Master’s degrees in Marketing from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Oh, Yun Kyung, Ye Hu, Xin Wang and William Robinson. "How Do External Reference Prices Influence Online Gift Giving?." International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing 5. 4 (2013): 359-371. (forthcoming)
- Srinivasan, Kannan and Xin Wang. "Bidders' Experience and Learning in Online Auctions: Issues and Implications." Marketing Science (2010). (forthcoming)
- Wang, Xin and Justin Ren. "A Tale of Two Games: Global Strategies of Multinational Companies in China’s E-commerce Market." The World Financial Review March/April (2013): 41-44.
- Wang, Xin, and Justin Ren. "How to Compete in China’s E-commerce Market." Sloan Management Review 54. 1 (2012): 17-19.
- Wang, Xin. "FDI and Innovation in China's E-commerce Sector." Journal of Asian Economics 23. 3 (2012): 288-301.
- Justin Ren & Wang, Xin. "How High-Performing Organizations Manage Disruptions." Tsinghua Business Review 1. 1 (2011): 114-120..
- Hu, Ye and Xin Wang. "Country-of-Origin Premiums for Retailers in International Trades: Evidence from eBay's International Markets,." Journal of Retailing 86. 2 (2010): 200-207.
- Wang, Xin and Ye Hu. "The Effect of Experience on Internet Auction Bidding Dynamics." Marketing Letters 28. 3 (2009): 245-261.
- Wang, Xin, Alan Montgomery and Kannan Srinivasan. "When Auction Meets Fixed-Price: A Theoretical and Empirical Examination of Buy-it-Now Auctions." Quantitative Marketing and Economics 6. (4) (2009): 339-370.
- Wang, Xin. "Online Pricing Strategies: Insights and Challenges." The Handbook of Technology Management. 1 ed. vol. 2 Ed. Hossein Bidgoli. Wiley, 2009. 381-392.
- Young-Hoon Park and Wang, Xin. "Online and Name-Your-Own-Price Auctions." Handbook on Research in Pricing. Ed. Vithala Rao. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2009. 419-434.
- Shwartz, Michael, Justin Ren, Erol Pekoz, Xin Wang, Alan Cohen, and Joel Restuccia. "Estimating A Composite Measure of Hospital Quality From the Hospital Compare Database." Medical Care 46. (8) (2008): 778-785.
- Teck-Hua Ho, Xin Wang and Colin Camerer. "Individual Differences in the EWA Learning with Partial Payoff Information." The Economic Journal 118. January (2008): 37-59.
Awards and Honors
- CIBER Faculty Research Fund (2006 - 2007)