Senior Programmer and Lecturer
firstname.lastname@example.org • Heller-Brown Building • 270 • 781-736-3943
Statistical programming and analysis of large state and national databases, teaching a statistical programming class to Heller graduate students.
- HS 326f - Introduction to Stata® Programming and Data Management
- 19. Acevedo A, Garnick DW, Dunigan R, Horgan CM, Ritter G, Lee MT, Panas L, Bidorini, A., Campbell, K., Haberlin, K., Lambert-Wacey, D., Leeper, T., Reynolds, M., Wright, D.. "Performance Measures and Racial/Ethnic Disparities in the Treatment of Substance Use Disorders.." Journal of Studies on Alcohol (2015).
- Merrick EL, Hodgkin D, Horgan CM, Lorenz L, Panas L, Ritter G,, Kasuba P, Poskanzer D, Altman-Nefussy R. (2015). "Testing Novel Patient Financial Incentives to Increase Breast Cancer Screening.." American Journal of Managed Care (2015).
- 15. Dunigan, R., Acevedo, A., Campbell, K., Garnick, D.W., Horgan, C.M., Huber, A., Lee, M.T, Panas, Ritter, G. "Engagement in outpatient substance abuse treatment and employment outcomes." Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research (2014).
- 16. Garnick, DW, Horgan, CM, Acevedo, A, Lee, MT, Panas, L, Ritter, GA, Dunigan, R, Bidorini, A, Campbell, K, Haberlin, K, Huber, A, Lambert-Wacey, D, Leeper, T, Reynolds, M, &Wright, D. "Criminal Justice Outcomes after Engagement in Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment." Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment (2014).
- 17. Lee MT, Horgan CM, Garnick DW, Acevedo A, Panas L, Ritter G, Dunigan R, Babakhanlou-Chase H, Bidorini A, Campbell K, Haberlin K, Huber A, Lambert-Wacey D, Leeper T, Reynolds M.. "A performance measure for continuity of care after detoxification: Relationship with outcomes." Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment (2014).
- Acevedo, A., Garnick, D.W., Lee, M.T., Horgan, C.M., Ritter, G., Panas, L., Davis, S., Leeper, T., Moore, R., Reynolds, M.. ""Racial/Ethnic Differences in Substance Abuse Treatment Initiation and Engagement.."." Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse 11. 2012 (2013): 1-21.
- Lee, M., Garnick, D., O'Brien, P., Panas, L., Ritter, G., Acevedo, A.,,Garner, B., Funk, R., Godley,M.. "Adolescent Treatment Initiation and Engagement in an Evidenced-Based Practice Initiative." Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 4. 2012 (2012): 346-355.
- Lee, M., Garnick, D., O'Brien, P., Panas, L., Ritter, G., Acevedo, A.,,Garner, B., Funk, R., Godley,M.. "The Washington Circle engagement performance measures’ association with adolescent treatment outcomes." Drug and Alcohol Dependence 124. 2012 (2012): 250-258.
- Merrick, E. L., Hodgkin, D., Panas, L., Soumerai, S. B. and Ritter, G.. "Is customization in antidepressant prescribing associated with acute-phase treatment adherence?." Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research doi: 10.1111/j.1759-8893.2011.00068.x. (2012).
- Merrick E, Hodgkin D, Garnick D, Horgan C, Panas L, Ryan M, Saitz R, Blow F.. "Older Adults’ Inpatient and Emergency Department Utilization for Ambulatory-Care-Sensitive Conditions: Relationship With Alcohol Consumption." Journal of Aging and Health Jan:23. 1 (2011): 86-111.
- Panas, Lee. Beyond Batting Average: Baseball Statistics for the 21st Century. First Edition ed. Chelmsford, MA: Lulu Publishing, 2011.
Lee Panas has been a Senior Statistical Programmer at the Schneider Institute for Health Policy since 2004. He has 24 years of experience in SAS and Stata programming and statistical analysis of large databases. Specifically, he maintained, analyzed and documented the MDPH Bureau of Substance Abuse Services Substance Abuse Management Information System (SAMIS) for 9 years. In addition, he has worked extensively with state databases for prescription drugs, hospitalization and mortality and several national databases including the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS), the Medicare claims database, and the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Client Information System.
Prior to his career as a programmer/analyst, he taught courses in computer programming and statistics at University of Massachusetts Lowell for 7 years. He has continued working as a statistics instructor at the same school during his time as a programmer/analyst. Throughout his professional career, he has conducted training and seminars for colleagues in SAS Programming and statistics. Additionally, he has worked as a consultant for a publishing company writing manuals to accompany a statistics textbook, and published a book on the application of statistics to baseball.
University of Lowell
University of Lowell