Jessica Harper Santos
Lecturer and Senior Research Associate
Jessica Santos, Ph.D. is a researcher, consultant, and educator with expertise in social inequality, workforce development and diversity, refugee and immigrant integration, and innovation in health and human services. She is a Senior Research Associate at the Institute on Assets and Social Policy (IASP) at Brandeis University and an Associate Professor in the department of public health at Rivier University. Prior to joining IASP, she worked at the NH Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health and Refugee Affairs where she developed and managed projects to further health and equity in New Hampshire. Jessica spent 10 years designing and implementing projects to improve the well-being of families and communities in New England and Latin America. She also worked with partners to secure millions of dollars in public and private funds for public health and economic inclusion in New Hampshire. Her current work is focused on learning from the intersections of research and practice to reduce inequality and bring innovative policy and program solutions to scale.
- Lovejoy, M., Santos, J., Vo, A.. Innovations in Financial Capability: Culturally Responsive & Multigenerational Wealth Building Practices in Asian Pacific Islander (API) Communities.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy.: 2018.
- Loya, R. & Santos, J.. Cultivating CSAs: the Growth and Spread of Children’s Savings Accounts in New England.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy: 2017.
- Loya, Rebecca, Garber, Judith, & Santos, Jessica.. Levers for Success: Key Features and Outcomes of Children’s Savings Account Programs.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy: 2017.
- Santos, J., Chaganti, S., & Olson, E.. Evaluation of NH WIOA Assessments: Process, Content, and Recommendations.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy.: 2017.
- Santos, J., Vo, A., & Lovejoy, M.. Foundations for the Future: Empowerment Economics in the Native Hawaiian Context.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy.: 2017.
- Santos, Jessica Harper, Rachel Steele, and Callie Watkins Liu. "The Consciousness Raising Classroom.." Risk-Taking in Higher Education: The Importance of Negotiating Intellectual Challenge in the College Classroom., 2017
- Boguslaw, J., Gaiser, M.D., Nsiah-Jefferson, L., Santos, J., & Venner, S.. Good Jobs Good Health: Diversifying the Workforce through Policy and Practice. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy: 2016.
- Santos, J., Venner, S., Boguslaw, J., Tarahija, S., and McCracken, K.. Becoming a Culturally Effective Organization: A Case Study of the Manchester Community Health Center.. Waltham, MA Institute on Assets and Social Policy.: 2016.