Henry J. Leir Professor of the Economics of the Middle East, in the Crown Center, and Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economics
firstname.lastname@example.org • Lemberg Hall • 226 • 781-736-5325
- ECON 80a - Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 122b - The Economics of the Middle East
- ECON 207a - Managerial Economics
- ECON 207f - Applied Microeconomics I
- ECON 208f - Applied Microeconomics II
- HS 290a - Economic Analysis for Managers
- Habibi, Nader, G.K.Haddad. "Why the Youth Are So Eager for Academic Education? Evidence from Iran's Labor Market." Journal of Economic Studies 44. 3 (2017): Forthcoming. (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader. "Higher Education Policies and Overeducation Crisis in Turkey." European Journal of Higher Education 7. 2 (2017): Forthcomming. (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader. "“Vertical Mismatch Incidents and Wage Consequences in Low-Skill Jobs in Iran”." INternational Labor Review Spring 2017 (Fortcoming) Approved for publication: January 2016. (2016). (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader. "Economic Legacy of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad." Crown Center Working Paper 5 (2014) (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader / Joshua Walker. "What is Driving Turkey’s Re-engagement with the Arab World." Middle East Brief Series Bo. 49 (2011): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb49.html>. (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader. ""GCC-Chindia Economic Relations" Final revision submitted January 2011, expected publication date: April or May 2011." South-South Economic Relations. January 2011 ed. Ed. Adil Anjum. Boston: Pardee Center for Long Term Studies (Boston University), 2011. 16 pages. (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader. "GCC States’ Import Demand: The Effects of Geopolitics." Crown Paper Series No. 6 (2011): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/cp/cp6.html>. (forthcoming)
- Habibi, Nader, Fatma El-Hamidi. "Why Are Egyptian Youth Burning Their University Diplomas?." Middle East Policy Brief Series 102 (2017): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb102.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Higher Education Policies and the Emerging Overeducation Crisis in the Middle East." Center for International and Regional Studies (Doha, Qatar). February 19, 2017.
- Habibi, Nader. "Overeducation Crisis in the Middle East." Department of Middle Eastern Studies , Brigham Young University, Provo , Utah. October 3, 2016.
- Habibi, Nader, Co-authored with Harith al-Qarawi. "Russian cooperation with Iran and Iraq has broader consequences than saving Assad." www.conversation.com October 16, 2015
- Habibi, Nader. "Ahmadinejad Presidency and the Future of Iran's Economy." Georgetown Journal of International Affairs (2016): <http://journal.georgetown.edu/the-ahmadinejad-presidency-and-the-future-of-irans-economy/>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Has the Economy Lost Its Influence on Turkey's Foreign Policy." The US News and World Report (2016): <http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-01-25/has-the-economy-lost-its-influence-on-turkeys-foreign-policy>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Job Markets in Turkey Face a Tsunami of University Graduates." (2016): <http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20150513112900292>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Oil and Gas in the Economies of the Middle East." Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World, 2nd Edition. 2nd Edition ed. 2016.
- Habibi, Nader. www.consumerkingdom.org. <www.consumerkingdom.org>.
- Habibi, Nader. www.overeducation.org. <www.overeducation.org>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Focus on College Affordability Obscures a Real Problem: We are Overeducated.." Conversastion (2015): <https://theconversation.com/focus-on-college-affordability-obscures-real-problem-were-overeducated-51101>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Grand Bargaion in Yemen, Iraq Latest Sign of Iran-Saudi Thaw." World Politics Review October 10, 2014: politics 3-4.
- Habibi, Nader. "How Ahmadinejad Changed Iran's Economy." Journal of Developing Areas 49. Winter 2015 (2015).
- Habibi, Nader. "How Turkey Can Save Its Preferential Treatment with Iran?." Huriyett Daily (Turkish Newspaper) March 22, 2015
- Habibi, Nader. "Iran's Overeducation Crisis: Causes and Ramifications." Middle East Brief Series 89 (2015): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb89.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Iran's Rouhani Stokes Domestic Backlash With Attack on Critics." Workd Politics Review August 18, 2014: Politics 4-5.
- Habibi, Nader. "Iran’s Frozen Funds: How Much Is Really There and How Will They Be Used?." (2015): <https://theconversation.com/irans-frozen-funds-how-much-is-really-there-and-how-will-they-be-used-45913>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Is Saudi Arabia Training Too Many University Graduates?." World University News (2015): <http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20150714013422488>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Tensions Rise Between Rouhani and Iran's Powerful Revolutionary Guard." World Politics Review December 9, 2014: Politics 12-13.
- Habibi, Nader. "Turkey’s Dizi Industry Deserves More Attention." (2015): <http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-tv-drama-industry-deserves-more-attention.aspx?pageID=449&nID=78068&NewsCatID=396>.
- Habibi, Nader Joint paper with Seyed Moaven Razavi.. "DECOMPOSITION OF GENDER WAGE DIFFERENTIALS IN IRAN: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY BASED ON HOUSEHOLD SURVEY DATA." Journal of Developing Areas 48. 2 (2014): 20.
- Habibi, Nader. "Economy of Iran in Shadow of Sanctions." Iran in the Global Economy: The Economics of Populism and Reform. Ed. Parvin Alizadeh and Hassan Hakimian. London: Routledge Publishing, 2014. 172-198.
- Habibi, Nader. "Iran’s Economic Nightmare." National Interest (2014).
- Habibi, Nader. "The Iranian Connection in Turkey's Corruption Scandal." IranMatters (2014): <http://iranmatters.belfercenter.org/blog/iranian-connection-turkey’s-corruption-scandal>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Wage Discrimination against Women in Iran." Iran in the Global Economy: The Economics of Populism and Reform. 1 ed. Ed. Parvin Alizadeh and Hassan Hakimian. London: Rutledge Publications, 2014. 199-215.
- Habibi, Nader. "Will OPEC Respond to a Rise of Iran's Oil Output?." IranMatters (2014): <http://iranmatters.belfercenter.org/blog/how-will-opec-respond-rise-iran’s-oil-output>.
- Habibi, Nader. Three Stories One Middle East. Waltham: Self-published, 2014.
- Habibi, Nader. "Economic Crisis First Order of Business for Iran's Rowhani." World politics Review June 18, 2013
- Habibi, Nader. "Economic Legacy of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad." Middle East Brief Series 74 (2013): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb74.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Growing Economic Relations Between the GCC and Chindia." The Future of South-South Economic Relations. 1 ed. Ed. A Najam and R Thrasher. Zed Books, 2013. 15.
- Habibi, Nader. "Role of Geopolitics in Import Shares of Leading Trade Partners in GCC Import Markets." Journal of Economic Cooperation and Development 34. 1 (2013): 33-62.
- Habibi, Nader. "Sanction Relief: How far does the Geneva deal go?." (2013): <http://iranmatters.belfercenter.org/blog/sanctions-relief-how-far-does-geneva-deal-go>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Turkey and Iran: Growing Economic Relations Despite Western Sanctions." Middle East Briefs series No. 62 (2013): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb62.html>.
- Habibi, Nader / Farholah Bagheri. "A Comparative Study of Market Institutions and Economic Attitudes in Iran, Turkey, Russia and the United States." Journal of International Business and Economics Vol. 11. No. 1 (2012).
- Habibi, Nader. "Economic Clouds Darken Turkey’s Diplomatic Horizon in Middle East." World Politics Review (2012): <http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/11399/economic-clouds-darken-turkeys-diplomatic-horizon-in-the-middle-east>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Growth in economic relations of China and India with the GCC countries." Asia-Pacific Economic Literature Vol. 25. Issue 2 (2012): 52-67.
- Habibi, Nader. "Is Iran’s Economy Growing ? An Assessment of the IMF’s 2011 Report on Iran." Middle East Brief Series No. 57 (2012): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb57.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "The Economic Agendas and Expected Economic Policies in Egypt and Tunisia." Middle East Brief Series No. 67. (2012): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb67.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Ties with Russia, China Constrain Turkey’s Options on Syria." World Politics Review (2012): <http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/articles/11667/ties-with-russia-china-constrain-turkeys-options-on-syria>.
- Habibi, Nader and Joshua w. Walker. "Turkey's Grand Miscalculation on Libya." Boston Globe march 6, 2011
- Habibi, Nader. "Price Subsidy Reform, Iranian Style." Majalla March 7,2011
- Habibi, Nader. The Dynamics of Tunisia’s Street Revolution. <http://www.payvand.com/news/11/jan/1171.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. "The survival and success of Dubai crucial for Mideast." Gulf Times (Qatar) 12/13/2009
- Habibi, Nader. "“Impact of Sanctions on Iran-GCC Economic Relations”." Middle East Brief Series, Crown Center for Middle East Studies, November 2010, No. 45 November 2010,. No. 45 (2010): <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb45.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. Iran's Protest Movement Must Prepare for the Morning After. 12/29/2009. <http://www.payvand.com/news/09/dec/1288.html>.
- Habibi, Nader. To Sign or Not to Sign an Open Letter of Protest. 1/10/2010. <http://www.payvand.com/news/10/jan/1062.html>.
- Habibi, Nader and Eckart Woertz. "US-Arab Economic Relations and the Obama Administration." Middle East Brief (Also jointly published as a Gulf Research Center Policy Report) 34 (2009): 7 <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/MEB34.pdf>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Dubai¹s Economic Crisis: How serious is it and who will be affected by it?." Middle East Times (www.metimes.com) 12/7/2009.
- Habibi, Nader. "The impact of the Global Economic Crisis on Arab Countries: A Year-End Assessment." Middle East Brief 40 (2009): 9 <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/meb_text/meb40.html>.
- Habibi, Nader /Eckart Woertz. "Gulf states need a more co-ordinated response." National (UAE) 10/19/2008: Business 1.
- Habibi, Nader. ""Economic Divide Among Arab Countries." Gulf News (www.gulfnews.com) November 13, 2007: Business 1.
- Habibi, Nader. ""High Oil Prices May not be an Incentive for Gulf States to Dig Deeper"." Gulf News (www.gulfnews.com) March 1, 2008: Business 1.
- Habibi, Nader. "$100 oil by 2008? Maybe Not!." Energy Bulletin October 14, 2007: Feature article 1.
- Habibi, Nader. "Can Iran-GCC Economic Ties Survive U.S. Pressures?." Middle East Times 7/23/2008: politic
- Habibi, Nader. "GCC-Asia Investment Relations." 12/15/2008.
- Habibi, Nader. "Iran's Privatization Effort." International Herald Tribune 8/12/2008: Letters/opinio
- Habibi, Nader. "Iranian Economy in the Shadow of Economic Sanctions." Middle East Brief 31 (2008): 7 <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/meb/MEB31.pdf>.
- Habibi, Nader. "Managing the Oil Wealth: Foreign Assets of GCC Countries." Crown Paper 1. 1 (2008): 44 <http://www.brandeis.edu/crown/publications/cp/CP1.pdf>.
- Habibi, Nader. "The Tragic Conditions of Iraqi Christians." Arab News Online January 11, 2008: Feature
- Habibi, Nader. "Time for a Fair Minimum Wage Policy in the GCC." Middle East Times 8/21/2008
- Habibi, Nader. ""Saudis at the Negotiating Table"." Boston Globe August 17, 2007: Opinion Page 1.
- Habibi, Nader. "Foreign Assets of Oil Exporting Countries." Brandeis at the Berkshire. Berkshire MA. July 3-8 2007.
Michigan State University
Michigan State University